Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day of the Mudcakes!

Today is the day of the mudcakes, kladdkakans dag.

I didn't know this until after I made this cake but now that I do I just have to share it with you.
When I was testin out another type of cake in the kitchen I had some pie crust dough left over and I felt the need to get creative so I pulled out my little portion sized creme brulé cups and went for it.

Pie crust:
1 dl flour
70 gram butter
1 tbsp water

Mix flour and butter.
Add water until you have a good consitency.
Wrap and store in the fridge.

Mud cake filling:
1 dl sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
50 gram butter
1/2 dl flour
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
pinch of salt

50 gram chopped dark chocolate

Whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar until white and fluffy.
Add flour, cocoa and salt and mix until combined. Add the butter.

Chop the chocolate into fairly large chunks and set aside.

Take your pie dough and line four small portion sized, oven safe cups. You will probably have some dough left over.
Divide the chocolate batter between the four cups and sprinkle the chocolate chunks on top.

Bake at 175 C for about 15 minutes. Let cool, preferably over night, before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment