What I did was that I mixed together hazelnut creme, butter, a little bit of confectioners sugar and a tiny bit of milk into a semi-soft creamy mix. My plan was to cut a hole in the middle of the cupcake and fill them with the mix, and so I did. I then finished them off by piping the top with a new frosting recipe that I wanted to try. It worked alright. The cupcakes now tasted great and with the filling got a much lighter and moist texture. However I wasn't quite satisfied with the frosting - it tended to collapse slightly. As I was feeling naughty I tossed the hazelnut mix into my frosting and lo and behold! It worked great. I successfully made a nice looking frosting, with a nice texture and a good hazelnutty flavor which also held together great. Im proud!
Thursday, February 10, 2011
The other day i made a rather large batch of vanilla cupcakes. Unfortunately, I didnt like the result - the base tasted more like a muffin than a cupcake. So yesterday I decided to make or break it and tried to save them. If nothing else, I'd get a chance to practice piping.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Here's an absolutely delicious cupcake that I made. The base is a chocolate cupcake that is light and fluffy, yet moist and creamy and the frosting is a simple frosting made of butter, powdered sugar and cocoa which is very sweet and surprisingly full of flavor. As if that's not enough theres a treat hidden inside! A marshmallow cream that has been pumped into it with the help of a piping bag until the cupcake got very heavy. This is a very tasty dessert which has been very apreciated by everybody who's tried it. My favorite so far.